AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to Me Kinze 2600 Pictures and Questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CND
Posted 11/8/2012 19:49 (#2686400)
Subject: New to Me Kinze 2600 Pictures and Questions.

Anamoose, ND
Today I brought home a new to me Kinze 2600 16/31 row planter. The planter is a 1997 model. Looking it over today I can see it is going to need some work to get it ready for the field. Previous owner never used the liquid fertilizer attachments so I am sure I will find a few surprises there. So looking this thing over today I see that it has Yetter trash whippers on the back units and what I believe is Sunco trash whippers on the front units. The planter also came with 15 Sunco Nutrimate fertilizer coulters. The liquid fertilizer set-up consists of four 100 gallon tanks and a Lil Thumper piston pump, the liquid is applied through what looks like Keeton seedfirmers on the back row units.

Ok first question-Are the Sunco trash whippers needed on the front rows for planting soybeans or would the planter work better with them removed? My concern is that with trash whippers on all the units front and back and the narrow (15 inch) spacing the trash whippers will make more of a mess than anything. Are trash whippers needed at all for planting soybeans?

Next question-Why would the original owner install the Sunco trash whippers and Nutrimate fertilizer coulters on the front units? Wouldn't it be more practical to use this set up on the back units for placing starter fertilizer 2x2 for corn. Could I mount the Sunco whippers and coulters on the back units for placing starter 2x2 for corn? Clearance maybe a issue??

Another question. I bought this planter for planting both corn and soybeans. For soybeans I want to plant in 15 inch rows. For planting soybeans what would be the best way to set this planter up for fertilizing all 31 rows? I would like to apply some 28% and 10-34-0. In the past I have planted soybeans with a airseeder and we usually mid row band 80 lbs of 20-40-0 dry(1/4th urea and 3/4th 11-52-0). I would like to use some form of liquid to get us close to this dry mix. Could I simply use keetons to apply starter in row? or Would it work to dribble the liquid off to the side of the plant rows?

Ok enough questions for now....

(IMG_1362.jpg)

(IMG_1363.jpg)

(IMG_1364.jpg)

(IMG_1365.jpg)

(IMG_1366.jpg)

(IMG_1367.JPG)

(IMG_1369.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1362.jpg (51KB - 290 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1363.jpg (69KB - 302 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1364.jpg (64KB - 268 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1365.jpg (49KB - 306 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1366.jpg (61KB - 290 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1367.JPG (98KB - 298 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1369.jpg (48KB - 286 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)