AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

billing out landlords and custom work, how to make it easier?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kb ag
Posted 11/8/2012 01:49 (#2685279)
Subject: billing out landlords and custom work, how to make it easier?

nc ks
I have several landlords that I crop share with and several people I do custom farming for. I keep detailed hand written planting records in a notebook. Drilling records in a notebook. Spraying records in several chronological application record books, and dry spreading records in a notebook. So I have the information. I also sell seed. I have very little downtime days to work on just billing out landlords and custom work. If they could wait until late Nov. or early Dec. to settle up for the year, it would be good and several are just fine with that. But I have a few that are on me all the time to settle up on what I've done so far. So, I end up setting at a desk unwinding field notes on days I should be outside working instead of being able to wait for nasty winter days that work well for book keeping. Or like tonight, burning the midnight oil to get a landlords figures figured so I can gather cattle in nice weather tomorrow. Not to mention that the books are sometimes in machinery out in the field and I have to retrieve the books to get the info and then make sure the books get back out there. I need a better system. I like having the chronological paper notebooks, so even if I enter it all into the computer, I still want to start with the notebooks. What are some systems that work for you? I am thinking about getting customized sales pad type books made that have a carbon copy that could be torn out of the book and turned into the office so my wife could bill out occasionally and the books could still be in the sprayer or where ever and maintain the chronological order while still giving up info that could be entered and billed. Anybody tried that? Any better suggestions besides cash rent or shares where they pay no expenses. I have several of those arrangements and they are great. Most of the custom farming I do, I tell them up front that I don't want to be bothered about settling up until the end of the year and they are usually fine with that. The ones I do both rent and custom for are harder to be firm with.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)