AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Less than impressed with FMX
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

J. Sheehan
Posted 11/11/2012 11:24 (#2690639 - in reply to #2684979)
Subject: RE: Less than impressed with FMX

Sunnyside, WA
I'm not sure why you spent the extra $3000 for an FMX over a 750 to do what you are doing. One of the main reasons I like the FMX is to make field names, save and name AB lines, make changes to autopilot without a tech, add and drop plug ins without redoing a whole new vehicle, much easier to make changes to setting and implements in an FMX.

I own a 500, a 850, and an FMX. I would prefer the FMX for all applications, but for the money the 500 and 750 do fine with just EZ steer. The FMX is my preference in the tractor with autopilot that has Field IQ to run row clutches, sprayer, and side dressing with variable rate. 750 seems too cumbersome to make changes, but the FMX really does take some time to get used to.

Not sure why you have to leave fields to have better guidance? Only time I do that is when I name a new field. Using stored fields it has never been a problem.

Biggest problem with Trimble is is no instruction manual, but a good dealer is only a phone call or text away so I have been very happy. Taking time to learn is going to go a long way for you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)