AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 10/10/2012 01:14 (#2632505 - in reply to #2632446)
Subject: Re: Farm pictures

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Dave, I know what your going though with the neck. In 09' I had to have mine fused too. I went to the Huntsmen Clinic in Utah to be treated for my ITP, they wanted to take my spleen out, told them no way. I would try the drugs first. So they put me on a really high dose of Prednisone and cold turkeyed me off it, well it about killed me or at least I thought is was going to. I had two herniated disc's that I didn't know about. After my problems with coming off the Prednisone I further pinched those nerves, they had to fuse them. Doc did a great job, I had no one to run baler. My main irrigator was stuck in Mexico, they held his papers up at the consulate. My boys help in milking, irrigating, moving beef cows, so they would load net wrap in baler, grease and fuel me up. Doc told me I could run tractor, but don't do anything stupid! I baled 8 days after operation, I took it easy and wore neck brace. They had me wearing a ultra sound machine in pocket to help fuse bones. Couldn't ride a horse for 90 days. I sure hated to lose side and upper looking to the sky movement in neck. Makes tough to run a baler, harder to look back now. The worst thing is I hit my head in almost any vehicle I get in now.

After all those horse wrecks, cows running over me, football, wrestling, etc. It was falling on a ice patch outside the house walking to milk barn that got my neck.

Sure like the looks of the Cat loader, what is the tipping height of bucket if you happen to know off hand?
I'm looking forward to your pics of AZ. coming up, you are going to go this winter? My folks have a home in Yuma, they spend there winters there as well. I tired of the phone calls, hey there baling hay outside my window today. While were in a -30 degree day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)