AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cow and combine(For dave9110) Pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

IL cow man
Posted 9/23/2012 08:20 (#2604761 - in reply to #2604709)
Subject: Re: TC

Buffalo IL
I have not ever bought feeders, but I would probably go to Shelbyville or Congerville as i won't sell my calves there because the prices tend to be lower especially on anything red. I usually just grow my calves and sell them in the spring since I calve later than most around here, but have been selling them directly to fellow. last year i bought a mix of corn,soyhulls and gluten to feed instead of using my own corn. I just would sell corn against my feed orders since about comes out even. High feed=high corn. Aflatoxin on heavy feeders really isn't as much of a concern, but I would really watch the corn byproducts this year as it will be more condensed in the gluten and distillers. Might be an opportunity to buy rejected corn later at a discount that isn't too high for finishing cattle at a discount. Need to get a building put up if I'm going to feed out cattle and dig another well or run 2500 feet of water line from anther well and bore under the road to get it done. Haven't checked lately but a couple of weeks ago soyhulls were 290/ton at quincy and 400 per ton at Decatur
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)