AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Husker Harvest Days Pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kstate90
Posted 9/13/2012 00:55 (#2588597)
Subject: Husker Harvest Days Pics

North Central Kansas
We headed North to Nebraska this morning for our annual Husker Harvest Days trip. I have taken a vanload of guys up for the last 18 years. I think today was the worst show we have been to. Not because of the exhibits, or exhibitors but the weather was terrible. The wind blew out of the North all day. The Grand Island area like much of the country is in the middle of one of the worst dry spells in history. The high winds whipped up the dry dirt. At one time you could not see the other end of the show grounds becasue of the blowing dirt. At the combine demonstration they had a fire truck and a gator equipped with a fire suppression unit plus three water tankers staged to put out any fires that might have started. At 3pm they announced over the fair grounds that the show was closing for safety reasons. They were having troubles with the signs and tents blowing over and were concerned about the safety of the attendees. From what I could tell attendance was down this year. It looked to me like alot of people gave up before 3pm and had already headed home.

As usual there was alot of new and interesting things to see. We ran into a number of friends up there. I snapped a few pictures of the combines picking corn and one of the dust blowing. It did rain a little on us on the way home but not enough.

On the way up this morning we saw a combine cutting beans South of McCool Junction at 7:45AM. That has to be a first We have seen combines harvesting Corn and Beans on the way home after the show but never on the way up. The stems looked a little green but the beans were pretty short. On the way home they had cut most of the field but were having some technical difficulties it appeared because they had the side shields up and were looking at the combine.

I was able to take a few pictures of the combines harvesting.

(IMAG0338.jpg)

(IMAG0340.jpg)

(IMAG0342.jpg)

(IMAG0345.jpg)

(IMAG0347.jpg)

(IMAG0349.jpg)

(IMAG0350.jpg)

(IMAG0352.jpg)

(IMAG0356.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMAG0338.jpg (66KB - 188 downloads)
Attachments IMAG0340.jpg (41KB - 176 downloads)
Attachments IMAG0342.jpg (57KB - 221 downloads)
Attachments IMAG0345.jpg (69KB - 232 downloads)
Attachments IMAG0347.jpg (71KB - 185 downloads)
Attachments IMAG0349.jpg (69KB - 224 downloads)
Attachments IMAG0350.jpg (72KB - 218 downloads)
Attachments IMAG0352.jpg (74KB - 186 downloads)
Attachments IMAG0356.jpg (60KB - 217 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)