AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

********Weigh Ins 7/22/12 to 7/28/12**********
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 7/23/2012 11:03 (#2501446)
Subject: ********Weigh Ins 7/22/12 to 7/28/12**********

Another hot week rolls around. How are you guys doing with the heat and drought, are you stressing and running to the freezer and scooping up big bowls of ice cream, or running to the frig and drowning your sowers in a few beers??? Not the thing to do. It is ok, but watch the portion control. When wanting that ice cream on these hot summer nights, the nutritional information on the back of the container says a 1/2 cup is a serving. How many of you actually measure it? I bet not many. If you fill up that cereal bowl, I bet you are talking a cup minimum, and maybe more like 2 cups. So go looking through your cupboards and look for that little sauce bowl, those usually only hold a 1/2 cup. Also remember, that means a level serving, not heaped way up. Heck, now I am hungry for ice cream.

After writing that, and talking about portion sizes, even when it comes to cereal. Cereal has a lot of calories and you could easily be taking 2, 3, or even 4 servings by the size of your cereal bowl. Take your cereal bowl and fill it with water then dump it in a measuring cup and see how much you have. I remember Dave when we were first married, he would pour his cereal in his bowl, then take both his hands and press down on the cereal, crushing it and then making room for more cereal. Not a good habit to get into. I don't think he does that anymore. He doesn't eat cereal that often now. Maybe this would be a good week to check your serving sizes of things that go into a bowl to eat and do you have a food scale? It is good to know how much is your serving of meat. I know with the frozen chicken breasts that I buy, wow, they can be so different in size. A serving is 4 ounces, yet some of the chicken breasts are over 10 ounces. So try and measure once in awhile to stay on top of your serving sizes.

OK, how did I do this week, very disappointed in myself. After last weeks gain, I thought I was doing well this week, no treats except the one Oreo cookie they were giving out at Costco yesterday. I kept up with my exercise and was lifting weights until my hands started complaining too much from having to grasp the weights. I can't have any more cortisone shots till after my knee replacement. So decided to wait for awhile to lift more weights. I have the soft weights that I can wear on my hands, and I will use them when I am doing my walking DVD. Anyway, I gained another .8 pounds. So need to work at getting back into my goal range again. I don't like these fluctuations with my weight. I need to try and kick it in the butt again and get back down before my surgery next month.

Hope you all did better then me, can't give up. Thanks for all the posts last week. Makes me feel that it is ok for me to keep this going.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)