AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sandbagging??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 7/17/2012 09:58 (#2490294 - in reply to #2490261)
Subject: Re: Sandbagging??

I agree, but I'll add that pollination this far north is not over. Lots of really slow developing plants (what else can they do). Like you said, it's a while until harvest and I hesitate to judge the whole crop on one snapshot. I definitely have a hybrid that is way shortened up and way behind compared to other hybrids. It's tasseled and just pushing out some silks. I did get a monster rain last saturday and I think it's going to make that dragging hybrid yield something. A lot of this corn is just a couple of rains from 'straightening out'.

I also scouted prior to the rain and some hybrids look like they are going to do pretty well. In fact I wouldn't think anything but positive if I saw the same plant not knowing the past weather conditions.

Fired plants seem to be a feature these past 2 years and it doesn't usually mean no yield.

Also, I'm not saying that the corn that's fired just about to the top and is pale green has much hope even with daily rains. I am saying that if the plant is mostly green (the normal, darker green) and it's trying to make an ear, the show is not over.

We'll all get an insurance payment though - trend adjusted yields really helped aph's and I'm not saying there will be yields above aph, just that there is still time.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)