AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere Dealer Shut Down
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 7/14/2012 18:38 (#2485198)
Subject: Deere Dealer Shut Down

King City, Mo
I have been busy and haven't pd much attention to the local paper or the gossip at the feed store lately but apparently Deere and Co are trying shut down the local dealer in Maysville, mo.

The dealer does not carry any new machinery inventory but has the best parts inventory and mechanics in NW Mo. Deere was going to come and take down the sign infront of the dealer and remove all jd logo's ect from the dealer on july 5th. That didn't happen because there were around 150 farmer owned tractors filling the lot around the dealership. I was by thursday for the first time and wondered what the deal was because there were several tractors and a planter ect there on the lot. So i started asking questions and mom showed me the local paper with a letter to the editor.

Basically deere offered them to "retire" because they weren't selling alot of new larger equipment, and didn't care that they were repairing and keeping loyal cash paying customers happy that had mostly older equipment.

It just makes you mad that deere doesn't care about equipment that they sold 10-30 years ago. I think tractors and combines ect are long term investments. Look at how many 4020's, or 7000 planters are still being used. A 4440 is a good tractor!

Even if deere takes away there sign Wells imp has made arrangements to get parts from other outlets and will stay open repairing equipment but it just urks me.... Mike the owner understands that you can't always buy new and he didn't have used on his lot, so if you bought a peice of equipment he was still happy as long as it was green because he know you'd be coming in for parts that he had.

There labor rate the last time i had a tractor down there was $56/hr for top mechanic, the newer dealer closer to me is $75 and less experienced........

I bleed a less green then i once did.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)