AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn pollination in hot dry weather
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tr70
Posted 7/11/2012 11:23 (#2479343 - in reply to #2479307)
Subject: Re: Corn pollination in hot dry weather

Used to - run an N6 gleaner now but still have the 70 - was pretty reliable - it may get some use this year have the 70 run some corn and the gleaner run some beans. Seems like its just worth iron price and having a backup is worth the cost of money so to speak. Figure the wife can help me on corn and the brother can work on some beans - after last year I'm gonna get it even if beans are ready. The 70 was way more reliable but the gleaner has tons of capacity -- havent ever slugged the n6 - cant say that for the 70. I always joked thats when I knew it was quitting time on beans - when you knew if you went another round the slug wrench would come out. I retro- fitted a JD 220 head on it when I first started - worked ok but was a load for the old girl. Yep I've got some 108 day LG that hasnt tasseled along with some Channel 104 day - but my 105-106 was tasseled last week - so a pretty big variation given the maturity. Dont think thats bad - I'd hate to have all my eggs in the same basket this year. Hope you have a great crop - I'm praying for rain too so lets hope we both get some!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)