AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

just a couple things this morning before I start back home
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 7/10/2012 09:48 (#2477200)
Subject: just a couple things this morning before I start back home

Red River Valley
I'm going to try and copy the email I got from my phone to this computer and would ask that somebody tell me if this picture is repersenitive of this area ( so/cil ILL )

http://www.countryhedging.com/media/Research/Archive/2012_07_09Crop...

also couple of other notes 20-30 vessels of Brazilian corn is said to have been sold into willimington NC my guess is more will come they will have about 1bb of exportable corn this year.

Becareful the Hedging houses are talking about a lot of farmers buying back contracts over the last week to 10 days and also farmers getting long the board.

when your natural seller has to sell his board postion before he can sell his crop things can get dicy

If you have no crop to market than this will not be for you but If you have a crop to market and have not ask yourself why ?? Demand is being reduced and at some point it will overtake supply destruction as the news.

If your an Inversion player look at dec12 /dec13 it is at levels that have worked in the past very well

On production many are comparing this year to 1988 the is in MHO one major differance and I will post about it later when I get home maybe some can think about what that might be.

lastly to most on here don't get to worked up about who is or is not posting on this board your smart people teh free flow of Ideas is how you should look at this board. garner what you sill from every poster - there seems to be a thought pattern that only one poster could figure out that USDA was overly optomistic about production the truth be told almost everybody knew it was overly optomistic - he## even I did not put much stock into 166 on those kinds of acres ( and I'm about as optomistic on yields as anybody but I did understand the methodology of how usda arrived at the numbers, but at least a dozen posters were ragging about the USDA use of the numbers so don't be to bent up over one of the dozen deciding that he wants to take his stichk else where.

One thing to remember is that USDA has about 1.3 bb of use to lose before it becomes nut cutting time maybe 1.5 with the way demand is being hurt this summer and fall so production can be down 2.5bb and corn can still be below $5.00 at somepoint. ( not saying it will be just saying it could be.) remember that in your marketing plan - If you have grains to market.

sorry for the spelling do not have time toproof read already to long just a couple of days to enjoy take care all
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)