AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OK now different Dr. says it wasn't broke to start with.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

t-boss
Posted 7/3/2012 07:21 (#2463591 - in reply to #2463047)
Subject: Re: OK now different Dr. says it wasn't broke to start with.

sc ia
Just hearing about this injury brings back some memories of 2 years ago that make me cringe!!! I fell off a skid loader track that t-boss or play in the dirt made in my yard. End result was a very bad ankle injury that included a torn ligament & tendon. I started out at the local ER & came home with a walking boot & crutches. I threw the crutches down about the 3rd day & used a cane to lean on. I did go to my podiatrist for her to check me out as I already had an appointment with her. She ordered me to stay in the boot for 8 weeks & also did an MRI to determine the tears. I was in a lot of pain for a long time & I've never seen such "pretty" colors of blue/green/yellow on a very swollen ankle. I also did about 6 weeks of PT. I wore a brace then for almost 2 months after that as the ankle was just so weak. I even have put the brace back on every now & then when it really gets to bothering me. Keep in mind this was 2 years ago & I am still having trouble with that foot. I have now developed tarsal tunnel of the feet. Same as carpal tunnel only of the feet. And the neurologist I just saw last week told me that most likely it developed from wearing the boot for so long & putting pressure on the nerves that run through your feet. The bad thing is as we get older we just don't bounce back from these injuries like we did when we were young. So speaking from experience I would say keep the boot on & do put some weight on it but use either the crutches or a cane to help steady you. Just think of the cane as practice when we get older & need it every day!
Good luck!! I'm still going to have sympathy pains every time I read about it though!!! Mrs. t-boss
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)