AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

proper sprayer hookup to AC8070
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

nebraskagleaner
Posted 7/1/2012 21:13 (#2461168)
Subject: proper sprayer hookup to AC8070

ne,ne
After a couple crappy spraying ventures and getting frustrated I need to ask you guys a favor. If any of you use a AC80** series to spray with a hydraulic pump,I need to know how you have your hoses hooked up. I have used this sprayer on a different tractor for years and just moved it to the Allis. My problem is primarily with the hydraulics. I have the #1 remote plumbed to a multiplier to control both booms. I have the #2 remote going to the spray pump with the return line going to the resevoir. I have the pump running when the remote lever is pushed forward (lowering). I cannot seem to get the detent set so I have it bungee corded forward. When I engage it, it seems to really tax the tractor (rpm's drop 2-300). Sometimes when I raise one of the booms, I notice it will stop spraying for a second. Sometimes my spray pressure is sporatic and will even quit when going up a steep hill. While spraying today the voltage light was on the entire time. I need to check the altenator to see whats going on there. I don't know if I am drawing to much amps with everything (hydraulic multipliers,foamer,gps,etc). The tractor just seemed to run out of power today and run like crap. I coulnd't keep a consistant spray rate and things just aren't like they were in the old tractor that was hooked up the same. If someone can give me any tips or tell me what I'm doing wrong ( I know I am doing something wrong) I would really appreciate some guidance on the remote detent setting, do you run your pump with the remote lever pulled back?, does your powershift tractor dog down when the pump is engaged?Do you turn down your flow rate on the remote that runs the pump? Sorry this is so long, I want to give all the info I can. TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)