AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dieting question for dairyman's wife
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 6/30/2012 11:39 (#2458317 - in reply to #2458293)
Subject: Re: Dieting question for dairyman's wife

Sharon, yes, I kind of count calories, between 1200 and 1500 a day. Have to give yourself some leeway, trying to stay to the lower amount. For breakfast I started eating a boiled egg, if you hate boiled eggs, fry it, but not in a ton of butter, either use Pam, or just smear less then a 1/4 teaspoon of butter in the pan. I would also eat a kiwi as that has more vitamin C then an orange and twice the potassium as a banana and less then 50 calories. I also make homemade rhubarb sauce. That for me seems to keep things "moving" if you know what I mean. I make it with half sugar and half splenda. That is the only place where I use sugar substitute. For lunch I have a big bowl of strawberries and grapes and then I know this sounds weird, but I eat the reduced fat Skippy peanut butter out of the jar. One serving is two tablespoons and I know I take a little more then that, but the protein fills me up. No snacking between meals (you do get use to it) then for our dinner, I eat whatever I am making for Dave but I really watch the portion size. Get and use a food scale until you know how to eyeball your portions. For my walking DVD, I use Leslie Sansone. Here it is... http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=leslie+sansone&hl=en&prmd=...

I started out only doing a mile of it and slowly worked my way up. It was about a month and a half, or close to two months after hip replacement that I started this. I love this DVD and I don't get stiff and don't get bored. I do it right away in the morning first thing. What was really nice, I went to the Leslie Sansone website and wrote my story and all of a sudden I get a big box of stuff from them. 9 DVDs and some wrist weights, and stretchy bands. How nice was that.

At night when relaxing, I try and eat another fruit (remember, I don't like vegetables) and then I take my night pills and eat two graham crackers. That is my cheating carbs for the day. Once you get into it, it becomes routine. Now I am not saying I won't get fat again, it has happened before where I lost the weight, then slowly 5 pounds here, and 5 pounds there and pretty soon I balloon right back up again. I am hoping with getting my hip fixed, and next my knee I will feel good enough to exercise, that seems to be the key to me losing he weight.

Thanks for your interest.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)