AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

6420 vs 6115D?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

havin'funfarming
Posted 6/24/2012 21:37 (#2447817 - in reply to #2447575)
Subject: RE: 6420 vs 6115D?

Manitoba, Canada
I have a 6420 with IVT, suspended axle, cab suspension and loader suspension. I am really happy with it. I did have a few issues with it at first. It would heat up pulling a load. Found out air gets trapped in the oil cooler and disrupts the coolant flow through it. It must have been a bit low when I bought it as I have never had to add any coolant since so it must have started out with some trapped air. The dealer had to pop a hose off quite a few times to get rid of the air. I also had a couple of injectors go bad just before warranty ended so they put on a new set. That was around 1200 hours. I now run fuel conditioner in every tankfull instead of once in a while. Since then it has run like a top and it now has around 4000 hours on it. Hope to get many more. It is used as a general chore tractor doing mainly loader work. Love the IVT for that. For general loader work and bale shredding it burns somewhere around 1.5 to 1.7 gal per hour, depending winter or summer fuel. I would not hesitate at all to buy another.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)