AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Culturing probiotics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Q500
Posted 6/20/2012 01:40 (#2439179)
Subject: Culturing probiotics

western colorado
Has anybody tried culturing there own probiotics? There has been lots of experiments with "fecal transplants" for human health. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecal_bacteriotherapy Basically heavy antibiotic use causes many good strains of gut bacteria to die causing a septic digestion system with death followed shortly. I think most cattle feeders have witnessed this first hand with "chronics". They always need just one more shot to get better. This behavior is very indicative of a lack of good bacteria in the gut. I have been experimenting with culturing and applying that culture with good results. My next test is going to be culturing directly into feed preferabley a ensiled feed. It seems that medicine is moving towards applying good microbes rather than killing the bad microbes (which kills good microbes also). This could be a huge break through in ag health, as well as human health. The big hang up will be less profit opportunity for drug companies. Happy experimenting if your brave enough to give it a shot.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)