AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain Drills
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GreenDaver
Posted 6/19/2012 09:31 (#2437613 - in reply to #2437512)
Subject: RE: Grain Drills

Ontario Canada
If you want heavy and no till, then look at the 1590 from deere. The 15 foot model is most popular, because you can actually move it on the roads. The 1590 is a very heavy drill for no till. Hydraulic down pressure and the same single disc openers and shoes like the air seeders. Another option from Deere is the 455 drill, which starts at 25 feet, and folds. These drills are just a min-till drill with double-disc openers. Still has the hydraulic constant down pressure system, just not as strong as the 1590. The drill from Deere everyone forgets about is the Frontier DB1113. This is exactly the same style drill as the old 450's and can be ordered with 21 openers, 7.5" spacing, double disc, and press wheels. I think Yetter is putting them together using the old Deere tooling. The BD1113 only works good if you do tillage. Hit a corn stalk, and the opener goes over it. I just got a BD1113 and like it. You need some sort of track eraser in between the drill and the tractor. The DB1113's are in the $15,000 range new. Only 12 feet wide, but for the money, better than buying used. You can pull the DB1113 with a smaller tractor. The 1590 requires at least 100 pto hp if you have hills, the 455 you would want 130 plus hp. The BD1113 is an easy pull. I would guess 60 hp and up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)