AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

did I buy the right spray nozzles, rookie sprayer question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 5/26/2012 15:47 (#2399392 - in reply to #2399373)
Subject: Re: did I buy the right spray nozzles, rookie sprayer question

KY
He's right on on the rate controller. Your controller will always maintain your set GPA within the limits of your tips. I generally run 10 GPA with roundup, with my "rate 2" set to about 15, if I come across a particularly hairy patch I swap over to rate 2 while I'm going over it and then switch back. I don't know how your sprayer is set up, but if it's like mine, I would shoot for tips that will give you your rate at a higher pressure than you want to run, and then open up my agitator line to decrease the pressure. The tips that were on mine when I first got it would only get good pattern with the agitator line shut to build pressure. No agitiation with many chemicals is not good. I have a couple different sets of tips depending on what i'm going to spray. I got a sample of the Hypro Twins last week, stuck the two I got on with my TJ AIXR's... LOVE the hypro pattern but not the drift. Didn't realize how much drift I had before I went to AI tips until I ran an AI and a conventional side by side.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)