AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Smoking
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jeff
Posted 5/9/2012 06:32 (#2375789 - in reply to #2375215)
Subject: RE: Smoking

Centralia, MO
I never did buy into the tapering off idea or picking a target date or any of the patches and gimmicks. I always figured when I was ready to quit I'd just go cold turkey, and I did just that. Don't even remember the exact date but it was in January a little over three years ago. Smoked cigs when I was younger and then switched to a pipe which I puffed on for 25 or so years. Still have the pipe and a can of Prince Albert sitting in my office. It is funny though, like I said it's been over three years and all, but I was working on a welding job in the shop last week and needed to stop to contemplate on something and without even thinking about a smoke I reached in my pocket for the pipe!

Used to have terrible coughing spells and when I got a cold I would wheeze and sould horrible, wife said I wheezed in my sleep even. Now I walk 2 miles or bicycle 6 miles each day, lost 40 pounds off the old body and feel great. I may go all day and never cough at all now. Doctor says my lungs are very clear.

Like all of us here on earth, I could drop dead tomorrow but at least I feel better about myself for trying.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)