AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Driveway/Garage concrete crack (pic)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jocoshar23
Posted 5/2/2012 21:26 (#2366011)
Subject: Driveway/Garage concrete crack (pic)

SE IA
Question for any you folks.
I have had a snake problem around our house. Primarily Bull snakes. We have cleaned everything up and continue to mow, clean, seal, and mow any place that would be a habitat for snakes. My recent problem is the crack between the driveway and the garage. Have found/killed a few snakes that have been brave enough to climb out of the void/crack. In the second picture you can see the foam that was placed once they poured the driveway. The contractors/builders did a poor job with the concrete work as the driveway settled some and cracked.

I am sure that since the concrete driveway has settled some, there has to be some cavities or voids that the snakes are crawling into and either living or making a nest. (The contractors probably should have done a better job of packing the ground/putting loose gravel underneath).

Here are my question/s. about filling this crack.
1. I want to fill the crack, probably going to use hydraulic cement unless someone can point me in another direction.
2. Will the driveway still expand/contract, what would this heaving do the hydraulic cement? Will it crack it?
3. Does the foam barrier still need to be inbetween the driveway and garage? What purpose is it serving? and what good is it doing if it is out of place/torn like in picture?
4. If I smear the hydraulic cement in the crack, I hope this will be one less void for snakes to crawl into = me happier.

Need some help here. Thanks in advance!

(garage1.JPG)

(garage2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments garage1.JPG (86KB - 152 downloads)
Attachments garage2.jpg (33KB - 160 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)