AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

just a thought a bit out in left field and interesting to hear some thoughts...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jimmy
Posted 4/23/2012 23:02 (#2351075)
Subject: just a thought a bit out in left field and interesting to hear some thoughts...

With the markets uncertainty (as far as being able to truly trust it), our gov't long term uncertainty, the long term uncertainty of the dollar, uncertainty of our leaders today and tomorrow and uncertainty of welfare and tax programs, would the following be an absolute crazy thing to do?

If you had a lot of investment time ahead of you, you had a lot invested already that isn't supposed to be touched until 59.5, what are the thoughts of going completely against what we are told by all the so called "experts". And by that I mean yank it all today pay the tax pay the penalty and start socking what's left and all disposable income into land, gold, and silver?

If you were in your 30's how safe do you think your IRAs and 401ks are for 30 years?

What effects would their be if the dollar was dropped as the world currency?

Just thinking today that 30 years isn't a long time in the grand scheme of things, but it is a long time if you think of how fast things are progressing with the internet and how fast business reacts. Then add in all the possible advancements that are ahead of us. Things that took us 20 years to accomplish will take 5 yrs or less.

So unless you are big enough to control or at least effect the game we are playing, do we allow that one event or series of events run us over and leave us in the wake? (those events could be in our favor too who knows)

It just seems to me the more you can control the better and the only thing I can think that is even close to remotely controllable is the ownership of physical properties. And that really could be taken if the gov't decided to exercise that possibility.

Please don't take this as a chicken little post, I am far from being in that camp. But I am not so naive to think that what I am doing today is the 100% right way of doing things when I look back 30 years from now. (I need all the help I can get to achieve 50% right usually)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)