AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dixon IL Comptorller steals $30 million
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Thud
Posted 4/24/2012 21:16 (#2352153 - in reply to #2350968)
Subject: Re: Dixon IL Comptorller steals $30 million

Near-north Ontario, French River
Its amazing how many people's gut feelings will be proven correct in hindsight. I'm sure there were people that questioned how she was able to live as she did, but for every one that doubted her, there was probably another one who would say she was just a shrewd business woman who made her fortunes through the ponies. Hate to bring this up but just look at the case of IFF, there were those who publicly questioned how IFF could possibly be profitable yet countless others defended them as 'professiona' operators and even went so far as to say those that asked questions were simply jealous of what IFF had amassed. Then things all fell apart and those that defended went silent and those that questions were vindicated. I suspect something very similar probably happened with this gal from Dixon. What really surprises is me as how she was able to hide things on HER side. Sounds like her horse breeding business was huge, and would involve large volumes of money changing hands. Sure her business would have been audited over the years, at least internally by her very own people. How was she able to account for all the extra money that she was pilfering from her day job?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)