AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7200 Gauge Wheel Wobble
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rock Road
Posted 4/6/2012 09:50 (#2323646 - in reply to #2323612)
Subject: Re: 7200 Gauge Wheel Wobble

w/c Illinois
I just worked over a new-to-me Deere 7200, and I swear that 20 out of the 24 gauge wheels wobbled 3/8ths of an inch. No way could you set them against the disc openers like that. I started taking the hubs apart and re-bolting them, but as you know, it's slow and dirty work. I got frustrated after a few and decided to try something easier. Hold the gauge wheel arm in one hand and slowly spin the tire as you watch it wobble in and out. Mark the point that is farthest from the arm. Set the assembly on the floor with the arm on concrete. Line up the marked spot with the arm and swat the spot with a hammer and a block of wood. You can stomp on it if you'd like, as long as no one is video taping the result. Don't ask me how I know. It may take a couple of tries to get there, mine came right back to true. I'm not sure how long they'll stay that way if that's all it takes to move them, but at least they are starting the season set properly. I don't recall ever having this problem on my older Kinze, but I'll be checking it more closely now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)