AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ATV sprayers revisited
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mlswaar
Posted 6/5/2006 20:12 (#17322 - in reply to #17030)
Subject: Re: ATV sprayers revisited

Mason City, IL
Ed, I bit the bullet today. I mean a big caliber one too! I purchased an atv built for two. Picked up a 40 gal. sprayer and brought home. AtV is automatic, 650cc, great ride and has 12" clearance. Took all of 30 min. to install tank, wires and fill with crossbow mix and was out going. WOW this is cool. Sunburned arms first farm so whiel home filling up for next farm I put suntan lotion on. LOL Wife inseisted!!!!!!! I let her try driving it while I rode and ran the sray wand. Thtat was fun as in low the starting torque is pretty good. HA HA HA, I really enjoyed "holding on" until she said I could use the handles built in for the rider. Oh well, fun while it lasted. Anyway I'm glad you responded about the tanks size and how far you could go, it was a big help. I saved about 600 dollars with the mounted tank that holds 40 gal. vs. the 60 gal pull sprayer. After using it, I'm glad I got the mounted one as I could back up easier if needed and not worry about the trailer tank, or how it may boucnce like crazy empty down the road/lanes etc. I think I coule put a small one on the front down the road if needed as one other poster said with r-up or whatever for a different chem. or more capacity and still be dollars ahead of the pull trailer. After one day using it I'm very pleaseed. Thanks to all for your repoies. I guess if your interested I got a Bombidier/can am max 650.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)