AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Visiting across the fence.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 3/24/2012 18:05 (#2304147 - in reply to #2303677)
Subject: RE: Visiting across the fence.

East central Iowa

I don't get out much.  Sometimes a neighbor will stop in if they see me outside.  I live close to town so I don't go past the neighbors that I know and most of the people between me and town are town folk living in the country.

I work for one neighbor who is a really good friend but he's off my track to town and I haven't seen him since February.  Then another lives across the state line and I haven't seen him since January.  

Writting this I just started to realize how isolated I am.  Church on Sunday is about the only time I see people.  Or if I need parts and run into somebody at the dealer.  However my worst problem is I don't recognize people.  I really hate it when I run into somebody I know but don't know.  Stand there and exchange pleasantries with them trying to remember their name or who the heck they are.  The last few years a lot of people have gained a lot of weight, grown beards and lost hair.  

Then too I repair computers and see people for a few minutes when the  bring something to be fixed.  But later at a store or something I don't recognize them.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)