AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PF3000 Yield Changes when unloading on the go
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/12/2007 07:36 (#202463 - in reply to #202364)
Subject: RE: PF3000 Yield Changes when unloading on the go

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I am under the impression that the Ag Leader systems use a "fudge" factor to compensate for the unloading on the go situation.

If the same amount of grain is hitting the sensor while unloading on the go, the force on the plate may be reduced since the speed of the elevator generally drops. The grain is "thrown" with less force since the speed may have dropped.

I don't know the mathematical relationship of the "fudge" factor but I have not personally noticed a drop in instantaneous yield while unloading on the go with various combines of my own. I have used the YM2000, PF3000 and now Insight through the years.

Presently I have a 9650STS and have not noticed this problem. I'm curious if the speed of the combine is slowing down for you when you unload on the go this year. If you observe the elevator speed, it would be interesting to note the change is speed while unloading on the go.

Is your sensor is good condition? Mice can play havoc with the soft material in the sensor although I doubt that this would explain your problem.

Edited by tedbear 9/12/2007 07:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)