AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

djmcountryboy- ethanol opinion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

djmcountryboy
Posted 3/10/2012 14:43 (#2279402 - in reply to #2279329)
Subject: Noah...

Mascoutah, Illinois
What I am trying to convey is I am of the opinion gasoline prices are going higher because of the government mandate of ethanol usage. Do we currently have the correct infrastucture in place so we can use ethanol as it was intended to be used? I don't believe we do. Without that infrastucture in place, I believe we have higher prices at the pump. If we got rid of the mandate, would prices of gasoline go down? My opinion is yes they would. It is just an opinion based upon the lack of infrastructure to support the madates we have in place. I don't see us moving forward as a nation putting that infrastructure in place to lower energy prices at the pump. Based upon those circumstances, I believe we are paying far more than we should be. The issue front and center was this plan was never really thought through or we would have had the infrastructure in place to support it nationwide at the time the bill was signed by George W. Currently ethanol storage is basically full and we have no place to put it. We have more of the product than we can use, and here we sit at prices of $4.00 or better. Has ethanol helped keep pricing down at the pump? My opinion is no and it is just that, an opinion.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)