AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gonna try it. What is bearish in these World numbers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Maple Leaf
Posted 3/10/2012 08:34 (#2278893 - in reply to #2278470)
Subject: Re: Gonna try it. What is bearish in these World numbers?

The way I see it, if 10 percent ethanol is blended into fuel then at least we are using 10 percent Made in America product instead of sending that 10 percent overseas so they can buy more weapons, etc. Even if ethanol is slightly subsidized at least that money is staying in America and those ethanol plant owners, employee, grain farmers, etc are spending that money in the USA to support other local businesses. What really needs to be looked at is what really is causing the food increase which is the middle man who takes the grain from farmer and puts it into store. How much is a producer getting for their livestock, grain, etc and what is it being sold for in the grocery store? Figure out how much value from farmer is in a box of corn flakes, a loaf of bread or a nice roast beef dinner. I was told by someone that works in food chain in Canada that by mid February the large wholesalers basically broke even for the year and the rest of the year is all profit.

If you want everything cheap then maybe we should let all the automobile makers go overseas, buy all electronic products overseas or maybe we should just let China buy businesses in USA and slowly take over. So you were against government helping Chrysler, Ford and GM instead of allowing them to go bankrupt?

The way I see it, people still have enough money to spend because driving through cities I still see restaraunts packed on weekends and shopping malls are still busy. Starbucks and all other coffee shops are in business so if you can afford that then don't complain about other things.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)