AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gonna try it. What is bearish in these World numbers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

5250JB
Posted 3/10/2012 08:27 (#2278880 - in reply to #2278470)
Subject: Re: Gonna try it. What is bearish in these World numbers?

Jerseyville,IL
1 Although ethanol has some effect , the dollar value erosion , the emerging usage of all commodities ( all food and
industrial s) by emerging 2nd and 3rd world countries has effected it more.
2The tipping point in world population is becoming a for gone conclusion all likely hood with out some super increases in
production or changes in production practice that cause some greater tonnage of all food in the
near future .
3 EPA mandates that are unrealistic in the long term given current technology . ( If you have people you will have pollution)
Can't do this cause it might kill some odd animal that is of little value or save 1 life in a million every 20 years.
4 The US has had a cheap food policy in place for about 80 years so lets figure all the cost that went in to creating that
in USDA expenses to keep stability in food prices
5 The latest has been weather events that although in a long term are within normals ,they have decreased production.
6 Lastly at least it has helped a little in trade balances with other countries since they bought higher priced corn / feed to
help offset government borrowing .
So we see that it may have cost the consumer some money for ethanol they still spend less than most countries if not all on
food .
My 2 cents
JB

djmcountryboy - 3/9/2012 21:31

If ethanol would go away, we could eliminate in my opinion the greatest economic burden of the past six years for this country. My opinion is not popular and never will be but this should have never been subsidized using taxpayers dollars only to see the taxpayer take it up the anus in rising food costs, fuel costs, and fuel surcharges added onto goods. Fuel prices nor food prices were never at these levels before ethanol was mandatated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)