AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can hydro hoses at 5000 psi be made in farm shop?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pudding
Posted 6/3/2006 17:29 (#16736 - in reply to #16687)
Subject: RE: Can hydro hoses at 5000 psi be made in farm shop?

Somewhereville, Earth
i make em.......lol........but that is what i do for a living, i do it out of my truck, anywhere any time

in the parker range there is the 78 series fittings, they handle 5000psi max with there std 6 wire, 78c, or 782tc hose etc

actually what i carry in the truck is what is known as parker 731, its a high pressure 4 wire hose, 1inch ID is 5500psi op pressure...........and its priced competitive to the std 4 wire, so i don't need to carry to ranges of products........all i sacrifice is that 731 don't have the bend radius of std parker 4 wire

we are also starting to find machines with higher op pressure then 5000psi, parker also has a high pressure 79 series of fittings and hose, rated to 6000psi

liability.........lol.......thats right, you guys are in america,.........if i don't have fittings i weld and create,

i don't under stand why hydraulics are hard to come by in some towns in america, its crazy, the liability issue?.......i discovered that when i blew i drive hose on a wilmar 8100 in western kentucky few years ago, it sat on the side of the road for a couple days till we got the genuine hose from AGCO......now that is pathetic..........i like the concept of the service i offer, a mobile service, cause really the customer is going to travel the same distance, and often having the machine to work on is better then just making a new hose, cause you can build it to suit, build it so it doesn't wear out on the frame again etc, .........you also don't have the problem of trying to orientate a hose with two elbows on each end, you crimp one end, trial fit the hose, then crimp the other, you then guarantee the hose is not going to have a slight twist which will cause ferril failure adventually,

all we need to do is tell manufacturers not to use funny long special ends on hoses, instead make a adapter pipe and put std hyd ends on it, so when it does die, i don't have to weld anything (namely power steering lines in cars........i weld everything i do).........make it so hyd suppliers don't have to carry real slow moving fittings........cause ya find hyd companies offer a 24hr, complete service, claiming they have everything, then they decide they don't need to carry the real slow moving items cause they are dead money in there stock list, .......then when you want it, the customer wants the machine going within a hour, so you are forced to make the fitting cause the hyd company reckons ya just need to get it over night if you require it, problem is there are plenty subsitutes in hydraulics..........and there is a good chance the hyd company down the road has it in stock, once ya get a customer to go to the opposition, you have a hell of a time getting them back

you guys think hyd retailers are expensive, that is ok..........remeber you only get what you pay for, crap is still crap regardless of how you stack it, although it all looks the same on the machine, cheaper hose is made of cheaper steel in the braiding, cheaper rubber, and the quality control stds are looser, is it worth loosing 50 gallon of oil cause ya too jewish to put the right product on........believe me, 50 gallon can be lost, i saw it last thursday on a customers rock crusher, only reason it blew was the hose was rubbing on the frame, 5 dollars of sprial wrap would have prevented that.........the cost of the oil was more then my bill, and he was up and running 30 minutes after calling me, thats minimal down time, there was 2 WA480 loaders sitting idle waiting, and 3 staff.......

i find that farmers think my service is expensive, i charge travel, and a hourly rate, thats cool, i cannot run my 4 tonne truck for free, and i am not a charity case, what i find is farmers don't value there time, that is why, all my commercial customers love my service, farmers are also price takers, most deal with commodity markets, and won't stand together to command higher product prices, some find it easier just to push the price of imputs down, ........its a shame, cause ya think about it returns in agriculture is decreasing by the rate of inflation, and inputs are increasing at the rate of inflation.......that is why i got into making hyd hoses, agriculture as trod on its own toes, the way things are and the bleak out look, i would have been someones tractor driver for the rest of my life

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)