AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Freestall barn and sand separator (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Oakwood
Posted 3/9/2012 06:57 (#2276984 - in reply to #2276961)
Subject: Re: Freestall barn and sand separator (pics)

Manitoba
Gerard, thanks. I have looked at several barns using composted solids, some digested, some just composted. one of which was using the one you mentioned. Most of the guys using the solids told me that most of the time it works well but when you run into a stretch of humid wet weather the stalls turn back into crap and cell counts react accordingly. I love my sand, been using it about 15 years. Although it has it's headaches for sure I can't see myself switching. Our soils here are heavy clay so the positive impact the sand has had on the areas weve spread on has been really great as well. Most I've talked to about mech sand seperator though tell me to go a sand lane route. Keep ;thinking If I work on it long enough I can figure out something that will work better. Were satisfied with pretty much all aspects of our systems with the exception of the cleaning out the lagoon. Some modifications needed there, whether that means a lane or seperator or changes in the lagoon setup, not sure as of yet, still working on it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)