AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cent ILL/SE IA 'real' Ag Leader dealers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

notillr
Posted 9/6/2007 12:55 (#199344)
Subject: Cent ILL/SE IA 'real' Ag Leader dealers?

WC ILL or on a HD on a road to 'somewhere'...

Seems my old PF3000 that I'm still using now needs an update to it's 3100 GPS. While planting w/ it in the tractor I got intermittent enough signals that I didn't always have both a 'D' & 'G' in upper right corner. Finally it just pretty much quit w/ the signal to where I had no maps.

Tech support thinks that since the last firmware update was in 2003 it 'may' have some affect on the issue.

This seems to be an update that can NOT be done through the data card, the unit has to be hooked up to a computer & a downloaded update installed that way. All well & good, but my computer isn't compatable w/ the cabeling to the 3100.

Called tech support back & got a list of 'local' 'Master' AL dealers that 'should' be able to do an update. Most that I called were surprised to be 'Master' AL dealers despite the obvious feather for the cap & associated prestige. Others just had no idea how to do an update or the equipment needed.

Question is; Is there a known AL dealer in cent ILL or SE IA that has the capability to do an update to the GPS? To say that I don't mind throwing it in the Harley & 'having' to ride it 200+ mi to get it done is an understatement. An overnite stay to accomplish this feat isn't even out of the question, w/ bonus points awarded if the ride/stay is somewhere scenic. Just not really wanting to go to Des Moines to get it done. Alton ILL would be nice, though.

If I can't milk this into a Harley ride, there's always shipping it to AL home office.

Thanks...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)