AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gooseneck or Bumper Hitch Seed Tender Trailer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dennis SEND
Posted 3/6/2012 08:45 (#2270794 - in reply to #2270767)
Subject: RE: Gooseneck or Bumper Hitch Seed Tender Trailer

Illini1986 - 3/6/2012 07:31

If you putting fertilizer in it you better get good use out of it, you will have a hard time re-selling it. I still think Goose Necks are the way to go though.

I have used fertilizer in other non stainless type trailer/truck boxes over the years without any issues, don't let them get wet (there is a tarp on it) and wash out when done and there will be no problem, I have a 4K bushel Merdian Hopper Bin that has had fertilizer in it every year since 07' after I empty it out, I wash it out with water and refill in fall/winter looks like new yet no rust on it at all, key is not to leave fertilizer laying on stuff and letting it get wet that is what wrecks stuff, so if the paint Meridain puts on tenders is the same as hopper bins we will be good to go. On the other hand sold a drive over conveyor to a fertilizer dealer 2 years ago (I had used it for two years) and it looked like new when I sold it) but saw it a couple of weeks ago and it looked like it had aged about 10 years or more but, I know it always sets outside and never gets cleaned off and it looked in tough shape, if you take care of stuff, clean it up and keep it inside you will have no problems using fertilizer for limited time periods in non-stainless stuff.

Edited by Dennis SEND 3/6/2012 08:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)