AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Don't the strong storms seem a little early this year? I understand
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

troyinky
Posted 3/3/2012 20:07 (#2265702 - in reply to #2264456)
Subject: Re: Don't the strong storms seem a little early this year? I understand

Breckinridge Co. , Kentucky
74 was something I will never forget. Weather had been unusual all day long, I was playing with my farm toys outside waiting for my step dad to get home from work for us to go to town. We had left home and were about 4 miles from home when it hit. We pulled our car up close to the front of a filling station and rode it out in the car, the whole time getting pelted with baseball size hail. When it was over it took us several trys to find a road to get back home on and when cresting the hill to our house, we saw that the roof was completely gone. After getting closer, we found that all the brick on the front of the house, had been laid on the ground like they had been sliced like a piece of bread. The house was picked up and moved 18 inches off the foundation. We had only been living in our newly built house for 6 months when this happened, ended up moving in with relatives for 4 months while being rebuilt. Neighbor from across the road watched it from her house and said there was 3 funnel clouds come up over our house at once. Leaves a lasting impression. We were alot more fortunate than the people that lost so much and several lives in the adjoining Meade Co.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)