AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Commercial Herd Bull Shopping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

macfarm
Posted 3/1/2012 09:11 (#2260836 - in reply to #2259135)
Subject: Re: Commercial Herd Bull Shopping

Ontario
Thanks guys, you've made it clear as mud, lol. The Angus bull sees service on heifers, and he is the youngest bull, so not going to get rid of him. PTO, I understand where you are coming from, there is an awful lot of continental breeding in our cows. That was part of the reason for introducing the Angus bloodlines in the first place. I just don't want to get caught going too far the other way, hence considering another SimAngus cross bull. Play in the dirt, I can understand what you are saying too, however from last years calves the ones off of pasture 4 were some of the biggest calves we weaned, but they also probably had better genetics on average too. Markwright, I have thought about getting a RA bull for the Char cows in the past, part of the reason for the Char cross bull. Trying to find a RA in my area that can keep up production wise is a bit of a harder to do. I know they would finish out easier on the other end too thought. I guess I'm a little too worried about coat colour than I really should be, good cattle are good cattle.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)