AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WOW,NASCAR EXPLOSION
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 2/28/2012 10:15 (#2256741 - in reply to #2256515)
Subject: Re: WOW,NASCAR EXPLOSION

southern MN
That's a big track, takes a few seconds to get there.

I'd prefer the first responders check out people and make sure folks are safe & healthy.

By the time they were helping the triuck driver out of the truck, flames were going. Like, right away.

Pretty hard to walk on that track with the steep angle, makes any manuver a bit more time consuming.

If you saw the fuel pouring out of the tank, it ran for quite a while, and was already burning when the firt helper ran up. Moving the truck at that point, even if that responder was super human and coulda pushed it by hand, would have spread fuel across a much wider area of the track, with flames already on the fuel Don't think that woulda been good, a wider area of flames....

I was burning brush a couple weeks ago, used 2.5 gallons of diesel to get it going. I couldn't stand the heat at 15 feet. This was almost 10 times the fuel, considering the truch tanks as well, which could blow in the heat & spread hot fuel all around. Nice to watch on TV and - just like my first thought too - can't you move that thing??? But if you or I were standing there on the track with a chain, I think it would look a _lot_ different as to how close one could get....

Get the foam and water on the flame as fast as you can, to cool it & get it out. After checking out everyone's safety, that's probably the best bang for the buck.

Despite my initial reaction, just like yours, to 'do something', I think they all reacted really really good to deal with that deal as best and quickly as possible!

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)