AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4730 busting filter housings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 2/28/2012 21:09 (#2257877 - in reply to #2256690)
Subject: Re: 4730 busting filter housings

South Georgia
I don't know 'how,' but it is. When i had a Deere 6700, I tried to keep the engine speed below about 2000 rpm to keep the pressure from being too high when i turned the booms off. With the 3185, I slow the hydraulic flow down. If i have the pump set to deadhead at 120 psi with water, then it will deadhead at about 150 psi with 28%. Pump (in both cases) is just a regular old Hypro centrifugal pump, belt driven on the 6700, and hydraulically driven on the 3185.

There may well have been a bad batch of Banjo strainer housings, I'll not dispute that, but if the pump is running the same speed, then the deadhead pressure WILL be higher when using fertilizer.

Disclaimer: if it's a deal where the pressure is measured, and the pump speed is controlled to change the rate, then I'd expect the computer to negate what I'm claiming.

Just an idea: don't you have to do a 'pump cal' of some sort on those machines? Since I don't have one, I'm not sure what that's all about, but would that need done when changing to a material of significantly different weight/viscosity, i.e. water to fertilizer?

Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)