AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What will they spend the money on?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Red Green Tractors
Posted 2/27/2012 20:50 (#2255719 - in reply to #2255505)
Subject: Re: What will they spend the money on?

Caldwell County Kentucky
The government officials will spend it on something. That's what they do, spend money. Maybe a few will save the money, but most will shift the money to some other budget item.

It's in their (gov't. people) best interest to spend money. It's like everytime something comes up for a vote on the local government entities agenda, they vote yes. It's no sweat off their backs, they get paid no matter what, get to reap the benfits (re-elected) for voting yes. And we the taxpayers get stuck with the bill long after the gov't. official is long gone.

Take for instance the local 1/2 of 1% net profits license fee. This tax was voted in about 10 years ago by the county to get some extra money. If I make a profit, I get to send the county some extra cash to spend on something like repairing something at the city/county pool or better dugouts at the little league baseball fields or better roads.

I think the saved money from not spending the snow removal money would be to pay me a refund on the net profits license fee. That'd keep the officials a little more on top of things.

I'm done, I am getting off my soapbox now. Thanks for reading.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)