AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

open Canopy on 66 series tractors? How to quiet the echo under the metal canopy top?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 2/27/2012 18:30 (#2255407 - in reply to #2255389)
Subject: Re: open Canopy on 66 series tractors? How to quiet the echo under the metal canopy top?

I would recommend gluing foam to the underside to help quiet it. I put a 2 post canopy on my 806 last summer & I talked to the factory rep about offing a foam liner for it & they were going to look into it to see if they had enough interest. I know before he left the dealership he had at least 3 people wanting the foam liner. Several years ago I put a 2 post canopy on a JD 4020 and it came with a foam liner. I didn't put it on at first but it was so noisey that after a few days we added it. JD included a can of spray glue & that was what we used. When I got rid of the tractor after sevral years the insulation was still like I glued it.

One other thing I did on the 806 was to cut rubber insulators & put between the canopy & where it attached to the axles. That cut down on a lot of the noise but still needs the foam
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)