AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Scours update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Fenceman
Posted 2/24/2012 21:21 (#2249591 - in reply to #2249497)
Subject: Re: Scours update

NE
I apologize for making the "he" mistake. There is nothing that I'm aware of that kills crypto once you have it, nothing. It's wicked bad stuff. I experienced it about 4 years ago in my beef herd as I thought I was doing the smart thing by calving my ET calves in indoor calving pens in January in Iowa. Worked well for couple years until my bacteria buildup finally bite me. There is a product in Europe that works well but is illegal in US, other than that my suggestion is read that Calf Doctor web site for crypto advice and follow it to a T because you can kill the calves with calf pro by over dosing. You have it easier than me because I wasn't wanting to feed bottles to beef calves, you are already feeding them bottles anyway so adding calf pro is simple. All the drugs your Vet is using or suggesting is aimed at the secondary infections and not crypto itself, you need to prevent the crypto at the very start of the calf's life.
By the way, the Endo Vac Bovi and amuno boost the calf doctor talks about constantly, I do routinely now in every calf born.....is it magic, no but I haven't treated crypto or scours for last 3 years so I'm not quiting either! I do give Bar Guard 99 orally to calves within 4- 6 hrs after born too, great product that has more benefits than labeled for. Good Luck to you as I know how disgusted you feel.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)