AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need advice on shop size--
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 2/23/2012 21:54 (#2247620 - in reply to #2247581)
Subject: RE: Need advice on shop size--

central - east central Minnesota -

Rvander1 - 2/23/2012 20:40 I'm just starting out, and I'm trying to do it right. Bought 100 neglected acres last fall and am recovering the land to crops-- lots of ditching, tiling etc. Now this summer I need to build (or have built), a combination shop/storage. I have a MF 596 with a loader, IH disc, Woods 8 ft brushhog, white 4 bottom plow, and I just finished rebuilding a Deere 7000 6 row planter. I want the tractor and planter inside, and the other implements under cover (like lean-to, roof but no walls). I'll move the other implements in and out as they need work. I'm looking for ideas/advice on the interior size I need for what I've described. Any and all advice appreciated, and if you need more details-please ask. Thanks, Bob

Hey Bob,
One thing to keep in mind, and has been brought up on shop/storage discussions, here - Lean to's are expensive, as compared to the rest of the building. If you have 4 walls, and add a lean too on - you've just spent extra money on poles for another wall -
It should come out less money to just increase the building size.
As far as how large to build - maybe park your machiney where you plan to build. Mark out the area with paint on the ground and see how it works out.
Edit: a good - large concrete pad out front, helps alot with repairs and keeping dirt outside.
For the money, you should be able to put up a 40x50x18 (get it tall enough) that would work comparitively cheap now and into the future.
Sheds can be added onto, but they are harder to widen out.
Good luck.

Edited by iseedit 2/23/2012 21:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)