AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First visit from KDHE!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

proud2Bafarmer
Posted 2/24/2012 06:43 (#2248134 - in reply to #2247287)
Subject: RE: First visit from KDHE!

Baldwin City, KS
I've already contacted Boyer and he is just going to wait and see what the official's letter says before we move forward with anything. Like was mentioned, it could be anybody. Once right after we rented a farm, we got turned in for thistles on the place. I went out with the official and neither one of us could even find them, although the call said they saw them from the highway. We eventually found a couple hiding behind an old upright silo. It was fairly well known that the landowner is a stickler for the tennant keeping up with noxious weeds, so we figured it was an obvious attempt by somebody to shake some ground loose.
Eddie, I had suspected my brothers buddie that made the less than constructive comment about our calving issues. I am well aware that he checks my posts and hoped he read what I said here about folks reading agtalk posts and fueling the rumor mill. I'm fairly certain though, it is the neighbor to the South, which with whom we have the dog issues. Initially the inspector came looking for my dad or his son's. My father doesn't actively farm, though we rent his place, and I don't think the neighbor is fully aware of this. My brother's buddy knows we started farming on our own and dad doesn't farm with us. If he turned us in, I doubt he would mention my dad's name. Plus I think he has more decency and respect than that, he's just currently mad at the world.
Overall, this could turn out to be a good experience anyway. Will Boyer is a good guy to work with and unless this thing get's cost prohibitive, it will put us on the right track for any future facility changes we make. This would have happened sooner or later, and better now than later. The lady said that if they had the staff they needed they would be checking everybody, not just the folks that get turned in, which according to her and Will, is plenty in it's own right.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)