AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

i need your opinion here for selling something on craigslist
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

nw_bearcat
Posted 2/23/2012 14:07 (#2246809 - in reply to #2246074)
Subject: Re: i need your opinion here for selling something on craigslist

Top middle of MO. land of green hills and grass
I sell some stuff on CL, but have set up a completely different e-mail to work from. Had a spooky deal a while back, that pushed me a little further though. Had a generator listed for sale, had the nearest notable town listed. This guy and I had e-mailed, and were planning to meet during the week. There's a phone call that comes to the house (i'd never given him the house number) and he's asking if we live at _______ address. Wife doesn't know what to do, but takes his name/number and I call him back. When you sign up for an e-mail account, you can put in your name. From the e-mails he knew my name, and my rough location, did a phone search, found the address and house phone.

Just to limit exposure, I've removed all my personal info from that e-mail account, so it just shows the address, not my name, and I use a town a little further off to advertise. that way I can screen folks further before i share any more info about who/where I'm at. Using a different e-mail also lets you collect all the spam somewhere else rather than my main account.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)