AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Monosem planters?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

houghta3
Posted 2/19/2012 19:04 (#2238913 - in reply to #2238690)
Subject: RE: Monosem planters?

Saginaw Michigan
Cant say enough good about the meter, but tou know that. The number one best thing about the row unit for me is the option of the prowheel seed firmer. I is a must for cukes. Makes depth control perfect. I would not get the monoshock, but instead get the heavy paralell linkage. Then get the airbag bracket that richmond brothers are building for them. Just my opinion. 12 row 30.... I would either get wing fold or stackfold, Get frame mounted openers, not unit mounted. But dont let jansons sell you the stupid kinze single disc setup.... If you want that yu can buy mine. I would put dawn curvetines on for beets automaticlly, unless never planting in mud.
The 12-30 wingfold is a bit tight for floating row cleaners but it can be done. We have them and made some changes formrows 6 and 7.
Downside to the monosem is:
Aftermarket parts are never quite right.... But most have figured out how to adapt most attachments on.
Meter wear parts are expensive to replace...brass singulator, brass ejector. Dont have to do it real often though.
Hoppers are alot harder to fill

Want to buy a 12 row 28"?
Mike
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)