AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 1790 planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CRJ
Posted 2/20/2012 07:39 (#2239815 - in reply to #2239133)
Subject: Re: JD 1790 planter

NEIN
Have had both and like the 1790 much better. You will hate boxes for beans and the 1790 folded is about as narrow as the Kinze anyway. The 3600 Kinze I had was new and had problems, none of which the factory wanted to do anything about. Turns out Kinze makes the dealer cover all warranty issues,or at least thats what my dealer told me. Not a good situation to be in, the dealer has to eat warranty work except for parts and therefore has no incentive to go the extra mile or make it right other than hoping for another sale. In my case all the parallel linkage bolts kept coming loose and we actually lost a planter unit to it before we caught on. They admitted they had problems with this on other planters too. Kinze's solution was to offer us new bolts with better lock nuts if we would put them on a less than two year old planter. 24 rows worth. It is not a fun job, believe me and neither was retorqing the existing bolts daily. The 1790 isnt perfect, but a planter unit is not meant to be "pushed" from an engineering standpoint. Now if we could just get the engineers to use trailing arms for the gauge wheels like Case does, Deere would have it solved. And I am all red except for my planters, a 1770nt,and 1790. jmho
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)