AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight Auto Pilot Omnistar HP or XP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WesternFarmer
Posted 9/3/2007 11:01 (#197573 - in reply to #196938)
Subject: Keep typing! (planting alfalfa on pivots)

Starting using these several weeks ago, I'm running an EZ-Steer on a 500 for planting alfalfa on pivots (Omnistar XP) and an EZ-Steer on a sprayer for spraying. (WAAS). I'd like to know the following:

I plant potatoes on 34" rows, six row planter, dig 12 rows at a time (2 4 row windrowers, one 4 row harvester that strattles the guess row). Will this system be accurate enought to eliminate the tractor that marks (furrows) out the field ahead of the planter? Or will I want the steering valve and XP or RTK? (furrowing tractor uses markers currently).

How can I delete "oops" lines from fields in the 500? (and keep lines I want)

If I can keep lines I want, could I transfer them to a second 500?

How far off will Omni*XP be day to day? Week to week? year to year? I'm seeing several inches after a day or two, is this normal?

Sometimes my 500 will nudge itself all over the place (pivot pattern). Going in a deleting the accumulative nudge file stops this. Any insight on this problem? (I'll be planting along, nudged to the right 8" the next morning, it will change the nudge all over the place. Sometimes it doesn't seem to move at all from the guideline--ie: still plants just right--other times it is actually moving all over the place).

Should I get the Insight instead of another 500?

All further comments and insight appreciated!

Edit: I estimate that after planting 9 pivots, the EZ-Steer and EZ-Guide 500 setup are about 70% paid for in just a few weeks in seed savings alone--not even counting labor, fuel, or machine costs. Excellent investment!

Edited by WesternFarmer 9/3/2007 11:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)