AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lexion 580R Sieve Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 2/14/2012 15:05 (#2228205 - in reply to #2227871)
Subject: RE: Lexion 580R Sieve Questions

East Central Ia
Can't help you a whole lot as we grow all Corn and Soybeans here. But we run the 1 5/8'' chaffer and the short finger shoe in our machines... I think! lol We only have one years experience with our Lexion so far.

But as far as the 3d sieve is concerned... it doesn't matter which seive you have, the system is the same. Now by looking at how the system works, I could see how different sieves might work differently depending on how much "traction" they have to toss the crop sideways back up the hill. I know I was surprised at the difference in the system in corn relative to soybeans. I could not believe how well it worked in corn... and in beans I could overload the sieves fairly easily on a side hill.

But in all fairness I was running a 40' head on a 740 machine, and we had 75-85bpa beans with a lot of plant material. I will get a better feel for it next year. I was also running the corn aps grates with the disawning plate closed most of the time. I will be running some keystock soybean grates next year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)