AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who walks everyday?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tigger
Posted 2/8/2012 21:50 (#2214973 - in reply to #2214268)
Subject: RE: Who walks everyday?

Iowa

Congratulations for getting out and living a little at a time when you probably did not feel your best.  Hope things continue to go well for you. 

I work out whenever I can.  That's usually about three to five times per week during the off seasons and usually not at all during the busy seasons.  Alternating hard days and easy days seems to help when it comes to avoiding injuries. 

I was noticing things getting more difficult as I got a little older.  Since I'm often alone and doing things that most others would not do without an extra set of hands to help, I actually need to be in reasonably good shape to keep making a living on my own terms.  An attempt to overcome some less than desireable genetics is also somewhat of a driving force.  Exercise will not prevent every health problem, but it seems to be helping me age better and retain some physical capabilities longer than some other family members.  Participating in some competitive events is usually good for some motovation.  It seems to give me an enahnced sense of well being.  I'm no where near ten feet tall or bullet proof, but it helps to feel that way when facing a hard day at work.  It also makes it easy to fall asleep at night. 

Edited by tigger 2/8/2012 22:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)