AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Follow up on first semi thread
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GREEN FARMER
Posted 1/17/2012 18:42 (#2167865)
Subject: Follow up on first semi thread

central mn
Well Today went to look it over good, was planning on bringing it home today. Truck starts and runs great, even in the cold today it ran good, shifted good everything mecahnically seemed good, had a couple air leaks, one hose was bad and the leveling valve was leaking, all in all just needed some maintence.. Got to looking closer and it has an aluminum frame, sure would make the truck light, but am afraid of going in and out of fields with this truck what that frame will do, also worried about corrosion between frame and suspension, afraid it will rot out here in minnesota.

Then decided to look behind headache rack, because I wanted to take it off, the drivers side cab corner is smashed in pretty bad, can't see it on the inside of the cab but the outside is smashed pretty bad, how bad would it be to fix this? Couple minor dents on passenger side hood also.

Thought maybe I could get the price down some because of the dent but owner will not budge, he is 94 years old and doesn't need to sell the truck!

So what do you guys think? should I go back and get it or should i stay away?

thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)