AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4640 pinion gear pitted...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dj dill
Posted 1/17/2012 20:25 (#2168139 - in reply to #2167615)
Subject: Re: 4640 pinion gear pitted...

lascassas, tn
<p>This site is worth it's weight in gold. I really appreciate all the information. Both tractors are powershift. I am not planning on keeping this tractor. Just wanted to buy one to use for a little while and this is what happens. Got 32 hrs out of it! A sikeston special. Everything on it worked, and had recent cab kit and seat. Showed 6200 hrs. Anyhow, so much for that. I may take the burnt 4840 apart tomorrow. It only had 4200 hrs on it. The gears looked great in it. I am not going to do this myself if I can get someone to do that part. That may be a good to load it up and take it to JD or somebody.  I really don't know anyone who could do it other than John Deere. I really hate to try to sell something that I know has trouble, even telling them about it, especially when I have the parts just setting here. Worthington in Sikeston priced me the planetary gears inside clutch pack, used for $1500, and the B3 housing for a couple of hundred more. So, if I can get this ring gear and pinion in it that I have, everything would be just right inside and I wouldn't have to sell it for salvage. Thanks!</p>

Edited by dj dill 1/17/2012 20:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)